Thursday, May 5, 2022

I'm Looking For The Big Kahuna...Ya Know 'Em?


It's sort of weird that because of where I grew up and live still I've never gotten into surfin'...I've gotten in and with a few surfers but I've never stepped on a board in my life, probably because I'm too scared to but also it's because my body shape doesn't really fit with the whole idea of standin' up on a board while rushin' water makes you keep your balance...but it's okay, because even though I'd probably not be good at surfin' standin' up, I think I'm pretty amazin' layin' down! Heehee...

Sorry, We're Closed

A good night's sleep won’t erase scars.
Open the covers, let the morning in.
Purple behind your eyelids.
Sleep with some paralysis.

Lighten up, buttercup!
New day, fresh start.
Icicles on the metal bars.
Reach down and pick up a shard
Cut through the skin.
The elements.
Red drip, red drop,
Watermelon lip gloss. 
Echoes bend the blade.
Sharp curve, sharp point.
Road’s freshly paved.  
New chance, wanna dance?
No!
Lead the way.
Lead the race, sipping on memories like lemonade.
Summer date.
Up in the ferris wheel, time stops.
The sky awaits.  
Rising up like the sun.
Gates closed, come back at one.
We’re on a lunch break.

Where is the lunch?

Break from reality.
Surfing the mental waves.
Misbehave,
Find yourself climbing over the entrance gates. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment